Phoenix Foundation Mentor Program
In our continued efforts to enhance the effectiveness of the ‘Home School’ experience, Phoenix is introducing a teen mentor program.
What is a teen mentor ?
A teen mentor will:
- Be partnered with your student to support the children during registered classes
- Help student redirect problem behavior
- Assist child with social skills
- Will provide supervision should the student need to leave class
- Provide educational assistance with academic tasks in class.
To Book :
- Register for classes.
- Notify Ms. Karen of time and date of first class – we will send you an info package so the mentor knows a little about your student
- A teen mentor will be paired with your student – subject to availability.
- Teen mentors will coordinate with the classroom instructor, the learning coach, and the program coordinator to help provide the best experience for your student in the classroom.
There will be a minimum charge of $2.50 an hour for those interested in taking advantage of this opportunity with Phoenix covering the remaining $8.50 an hour from the grant that we have applied for from Alberta Ed.
We ran a test pilot of this program through December with excellent responses from the instructors, parents, students and mentors.
If you need additional information please contact Karen Jackson or ask Sherry at the front desk.Karen Jackson Special Needs Coordinator Phoenix Foundation 403-265-7701