More fieldtrips to come! Next one is . . . THE BIG GREEN PUPPET BUS! at Phoenix on Count day! (Sept. 30)
Join Jill Mann and DIana Stinn this week at KidSource. Ev ery year we travel down to this cool little resource store and share a glass of wine and some cheese with the ladies there. Tune in to find out what is hip and cool this year in resources.
Ep. 36 – At KidSource
Date: Sept 18, 2014
Time: 16 minutes
2. Wing Feather – All the parents who donated to the Compassion fund here at Phoenix.
3. Nest News – Please use the front door and tidy up.
4. What’s Hatching – Sept. 30 – Count Day – Last day to register for homeschooling this year and get funding support.
- Kindergarten at Phoneix is now FULL.
- Grade 7 in a box – 5 spots
- Grade 8 in a box – 2 spots
- Grade 9 in a box – 1 spot
5. Good Eggs – Interviews from Kidsource – Thank you everyone who came out – it was fun!
6. Under Our Wing – Submissions (Goldie Locks – not too much, not too little – just right!)
Backpack program insights.
7. Final Flap – OPen Monday, Sept 29 for registrations. Don’t wait!
Special thanks to a listener who caught that we missed a link – Missed from last episode: Hack Schooling – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Thanks for listening!
On June 18, despite threats of flooding, Phoenix Folks were off on an adventure.
We traveled down to Coaldale and the Birds of Prey Foundation.
Active since 1982 and more recently a registered charity, the Alberta Birds of Prey Foundation is Alberta’s first privately licensed raptor rescue and conservation organization. We are located two hours south of Calgary in the heart of Canada’s wild prairies. For more information, check out their site – http://www.burrowingowl.com/index.php
Next we were off to the Japanese Gardens in Lethbridge.
The Nikka Yuko Japanese Garden offers you an unforgettable experience, combining the beauty of nature in a serene setting. From the first spring blossom to the final autumn leaf, the Garden is an oasis of tranquility. To learn more about them, check out their site – http://www.nikkayuko.com/
We have many more fieldtrips planned for next year. Hope you will join us! Be sure to check out our fieldtrip list in September!
EVERGREEN THEATRE IS COMING . . .
MARCH 8 – 9:30 AM – TICKETS $8.00 per person – (age 2 and under are free)
By Meg Braem
Music and lyrics by Paul Morgan Donald
“Quit bugging me!” Norah squeals as she smacks at the hoards of mosquitoes descending on her arms and legs. “Could this family camping trip get any worse? Why do bugs even exist?” she yells. Seconds later Norah finds herself no bigger than a blade of grass. Join Norah on an epic adventure, as she travels over ant hills, under dead leaves and across sidewalks discovering the magical and vital world of insects.
Register now: REGISTER
We have planned a couple of special summer days so mark your calendar . . .
– July 18 (11:30 – 1PM) – Sick of Pancakes south Western Lunch – 320 19 Street SE – 403-265-7701 – FREE
– July 24 (1-4 PM) – Prairie Winds Park BBQ and Water Park – we’ll supply the burgers and buns, bring a dish to share, a drink and your bathing suit. Look for the Phoenix sign – come meet some of the staff, other families and ask all your questions! – FREE
– August 8 (10 – 11:00 AM) Wild, Wild West Coffee and Calaway Park Day – we’ll be supplying the coffee and treats. Come check out all the fun stuff at the Wild West Centre and then go the Calaway Park for the rest of the day with your friends. – FREE
– August 22 (1-4 PM) – Bowness Park BBQ – we’ll supply the burgers and buns, bring a dish to share, a drink and your game. Look for the Phoenix sign – come meet some of the staff, other families and ask all your questions! – FREE
Hope you’ll join us for all these great activities!