Phoenix is a non-profit Independent School that specializes in personalized learning for each and every child. Check out this great video on how private education in Alberta works!
Phoenix Education Foundation is:
- Publicly accredited and funded
- Conveniently located in Calgary
- Offers a variety of great options for K to 9 including…
- …a lively Kindergarten program (onsite)
- …our cool school-directed program (Gr. 1-9, combo of onsite, at home, digital, print and community-based otherwise known as BlendEd)
- …home education supervision
Check out our TEN YEAR VIDEO to find out more about us!
To provide unique learning opportunities for families so that each young person may develop into a life-long learner and an active, responsible global citizen.
About Our Staff
At Phoenix, we believe…
- …that each child has unique talents, skills, interests and learning styles and that their education should respect these.
- …that parents are the primary educators of their children, and therefore that a meaningful partnership with them is critical.
- …that the support and guidance of our caring, dedicated, qualified professionals will enhance the academic, physical, social, spiritual and emotional qualities of our students.
Phoenix employs both certificated teachers and specialized instructors who support and practice these beliefs and who will guide your child through their educational journey.
About Our Students
Phoenix welcomes all students. Our education programs are tailored to the unique needs of each and every child. However, to have a good fit with our school-directed programs your student must have:
- An adult who is able to provide daily supervision and support for school-directed programs
- Access to the school for required onsite classes, workshops and events
- Access to technology – the Internet, email and our mobile learning platform, Schoology
- An independent work ethic for assignments
- A flexible schedule and a willingness to try new things!
Please note: We are not a designated special needs school and do not offer programs suited to students at either end of the learning spectrum.
About Our Board
We have up to nine board positions, which are filled by Phoenix parents and dedicated people with particular skill sets. Serving on our Board is a volunteer position. To find out who sits on our board, click here.
Comments are closed.