We had a nice turn out and would like to thank Cornerstone Youth Group for participating. So what did we do? Well . . .
Here is the recipe for the pie as it was requested by so many!
Easy Watermelon Pie
- 1 package (3 ounces) watermelon gelatin
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool to room temperature. Whisk in whipped topping; fold in watermelon. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Yield: 6-8 servings
Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cool-and-creamy-watermelon-pie#ixzz37sihpLm0
Interested in the Watermelon Puffy paint? Find the recipe here - http://www.craftymorning.com/puffy-paint-watermelon-craft-kids/
August 13 will be a stay and play with hot dog lunch! See you then!
Ms. Shelley is NOT gone but she is transitioning to a new role at Phoenix – one with a bit more flexibility and freedom. Sooooooo . . . . we are looking for a new kinder teacher.
Would be two-three days a week from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM (T/W/TH depending on the weekly schedule).
- Must have a valid teaching certificate for Alberta
- Must have at least 3 years experience
- Must be open to homeschooling
- Start date: September 2, 2014
- Class size: 16-22 students
- Unique setting – see our website for pictures
1. Insure you meet the requirements for teaching in Alberta – 403-265-7701
2. Review our website! Make sure you are familiar with who we are, what we do and who we serve.
3. Send in resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Come to our Mix and Mingle on Tuesday, July 22 at Noon or Friday, July 25 at 10:00 AM. (320 19 street SE)
4. Once we have reviewed your resume, we will call you to set up an interview with our school Founder and/or Principal.
5. Those who are interested and qualify, will be shortlisted and called back for a second interview.
We had ten competitors participate in our Chilli Cook-off this year. Some entries were from families and some were from the staff and board. We even had Cornerstone Youth Group enter a pot! Thanks, gang! It was fun!
Pictures from that day
And the Winner was . . .
But after all was said and done and the votes were tallied . . . the winner was Ms. Jill! Congratulations! She wins this great book and a $50.00 gift card!
Second place goes to the MART MADHOUSE Chilli! (A thankyou card and a little surprise are on the way to you guys!)
Third place went to Megan Davidson’s jalapeno popper chilli made with cream cheese.
There were several requests for her recipe . . . so here it is!
- 2 tbst olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- shredded tex-mex cheese for top
Sauté the onion, peppers, garlic until tender. Brown the turkey. Mix with the ingredients above plus the taco sauce. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa and broth. Simmer 30 minutes. Add cream cheese. Mix in. serve with tex-mex and cilantro.
Thank you to everyone who participated. It was a real “spicy” event!
Next event is the Watermelon Crawl! We got loads of melons . . . come and eat some, make some cool crafts, try some cupcakes and maybe even a watermelon salad with feta cheese! FREE EVENT! July 22 at NOON.
Hope to see you!