Squawkcast: Ep. 57 – Motion 504
Join your hosts Jill Mann and Diana Stinn with special guest Larry Leach for a cup of FLOCK off and a chat about Motion 504 and homeschooling in the province of Alberta.
Ep. 57 – Motion 504 and OTHER BITS
Date: April 29, 2016
- Introductions – Welcome everyone. Thanks for joining us.
- Bird Brain – Infograph on “Keeping Pace with the Changing Face of Online Learning” (on our facebook site – https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixFoundationCalgary/
- Nest News — (1) Shaw – Phoenix has new and improved internet! There is a private network for staff, a guest network and Shaw open. Please see the front desk if you need a password for onsite access. (2) Dr. Suess is coming! (3) Field-trips: Stampede City Gymnastics, Saigon Nights, Vertigo Theatre, Bow Habitat.
- Good Egg, Bad Egg – (1) Provincial Budget – thank you for the continued support (2) No news on issues front – still waiting to hear about home education reimbursement claw-backs and new rules and school-directed funding (3) Motion 504 and meeting with Robyn Luff, MLA
- Beak Off – Clubs and how they work. Thanks for the feedback!
- Wing Feathers– (1) Calgary Co-op, Jeff from Wendell Photocpying and Mike from Hannigan Paint!
- What’s Hatching – (1) Oct 29 – Zombie Walk-a- thon (2) Talk to the Experts (3) Outdoor week! To register: email@example.com
- Close – Ok, from Jill Mann and Diana Stinn, we wish you a Dr. Suess filled week! And from Larry, lots of hard work and persistence!
Show notes can be found at Phoenixfoundation.ca You can email comments about this podcast to firstname.lastname@example.org
Diana Stinn is our producer and does the editing. Apple provided the music and Aubrey does that deep voiced intro and close! Thanks very much for listening.